Author Topic: Michael Jackson Dies June 25 2009 - ASW Tribute  (Read 6514 times)

Offline Jimmy Deguara

• Australian and Tornado Alley storm chaser
  • Administrator
  • Wedge tornado F5
  • Storm Chaser since 1993, Tornado Alley 2001
    • Australia Severe Weather
Michael Jackson Dies June 25 2009 - ASW Tribute
« on: 28 June 2009, 03:02:51 PM »
Like many others on this forum and millions around the world, I was shocked about the news of Michael Jackson's death. A musical and dancing genius and an incredible entertainer, it is a terrible loss for the music world and for those that followed his incredible career. Feel free to place your thoughts on this thread.

Regards,

Jimmy Deguara
-------------------------------------
Australian Severe Weather
www.australiasevereweather.com

Australian Thunderbolt Tours
www.thunderbolttours.com

Phone  0408 020468  (International :  61  2  408 020468)

Offline Kristy Norman

• Elephant Trunk F2
Re: Michael Jackson Dies June 25 2009 - ASW Tribute
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2009, 04:26:45 AM »
I hope that he will be remembered for his amazing contribution to music and performance. He certainly paved the way for many modern artists and he also went a long way in making african american music accepted. I don't think the album 'Thriller' will ever be topped.

Offline Shaun Galman

• Stove pipe F3
    • ridgelightning.com
Re: Michael Jackson Dies June 25 2009 - ASW Tribute
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2009, 10:56:36 AM »
Here, here.

Michael was an amazing influence on most musicians (like myself) and music lovers alike. I remember hearing most of his music while growing up and still continue to admire the MJ collection. I think Beat It was always my favorite track though the production was stunning (thanks also to Quincy Jones) on most of Michael's albums.

I think the music world is just a little worse off not having MJ around anymore.
Chasing Region: Lightning Ridge. N.S.W.