Author Topic: Thank you Mike  (Read 10418 times)

Lightning Lady

Thank you Mike
« on: 23 July 2007, 05:43:14 PM »
Thank you Mike for telling me about this forum.  I am happy to join and look forward to discussing severe weather topics.  As you know you saw my video of photographic stills on YouTube of the incredible storm my city had back on October 12, 2006.  This part of California is pretty mild, weather wise, and this storm was a surprise to everyone.  A little history on me is that my father has been a climatologist by hobby since he was a Boy Scout.  He has taught me a lot about weather and now I am a weather nut too.  He has also taught me a lot about safety.  So if any of your members out there watch the video that I made I just want to make sure that they understand that I never once stepped outside the safety of my car.  The camera was set up on the passenger seat and I moved around when the lightning got too close.

Once again I look forward to being on this forum.  Have a great day.

The Lightning Lady

Offline Mike

• Australian Severe Weather Moderators
  • Wedge tornado F5
  • Dry season here...boring!
    • http://StormscapesDarwin.com
Re: Thank you Mike
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2007, 08:10:48 PM »
You are most welcome.  We're happy to have you with us and look forward to discussing topics on weather in all its forms.  Those wishing to view this absolute gem of a video with accompanying music can go to www.rhinoconcepts.com or view it on YouTube.  It's a truly mind-blowing exhibit of lightning at its best.  Once again, welcome and look forward to discussing many things with you.

Mike
Darwin, Northern Territory.
StormscapesDarwin.com
Lightning Research 2010/14