Author Topic: may i introduce myself  (Read 2485 times)

phix

may i introduce myself
« on: 11 September 2008, 01:03:45 PM »
hi,

my name is Manfred and i`m new to the Australian severe weather forum. i`m from Vienna/Austria and permanently moved to Melbourne, mostly for private reasons. as weather is more than just my profession and as watching the (severe) weather 20.000 km away from here starts to be a little bit boring i  started looking for internet platforms where i can get involved in discussions etc .pp . furthermore, i`m pretty much interested to learn more about weather and especially severe weather on the *other* side of the world as the Europeans use to say, i already learned a few things...

over the last 4 years i wasn't too much of a storm chaser, due to shift times etc pp, but i provided advice to storm chasers via mobile phones as a forecaster. at times the weather was even nice enough to bring severe phenomena to the place where i was actually working or living, so i didn't have to chase ... maybe a little bit of footage from the northern hemisphere would be nice to watch for you, so i`ll start with that rather than to embarrass myself with my opinion on the weather in Australia .. at least for a few months ...

baba

Manfred

Offline Jimmy Deguara

• Australian and Tornado Alley storm chaser
  • Administrator
  • Wedge tornado F5
  • Storm Chaser since 1993, Tornado Alley 2001
    • Australia Severe Weather
Re: may i introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2008, 01:29:10 PM »
Manfred,

Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing what you have on offer. But please feel free to offer some comments on Australia and its weather. Would love to hear a different perspective.

Regards,

Jimmy Deguara
-------------------------------------
Australian Severe Weather
www.australiasevereweather.com

Australian Thunderbolt Tours
www.thunderbolttours.com

Phone  0408 020468  (International :  61  2  408 020468)