Author Topic: General Snow / high country / cold weather pics  (Read 2994 times)

Offline David C

• Global Moderator
  • Barrel tornado F4
    • Thunderbolt Tours Storm Chasing Adventures
General Snow / high country / cold weather pics
« on: 27 August 2008, 03:44:03 PM »
Post them here.

--

Ski buffs, well those who are old enough, would remember 1990 across the Australian Alps.

Only a few days before we were to leave Sydney, in the later part of June, we were worried that it would be pretty ordinary skiing. The day after we arrived however, it started.  Relentless snow and bitter cold - it was wonderful. And it was still coming down 5 days later as we left!

In the first 24 hours we must have had close to a metre of snow. I can vividly recall people looking bemused, just hanging around their cars during the morning -- cars that were basically completely covered as in the picture I took below.

Storm Chaser,
Thunderbolt Tours - USA & Australia Storm Chase Tours
www.thunderbolttours.com

Offline Karina Roberts (slavegirl)

• Multi-vortex F1
Re: General Snow / high country / cold weather pics
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2008, 04:23:08 AM »
Bit of a delay between July and now but here are a handful of the pics i took while at Thredbo. I had an enjoyable time even if i did manage to tear the cartilage in my left knee on the first day there lol didnt stop me skiing though! I have picked only a small handful of pics which were in my opinion the most interesting pics i had taken on the 3 day trip. (Excuse the quality as i was only using a 3.2 megapixel phone camera)
The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people don't care that your not tattooed. - Wildfire tattoos

Offline Richary

• Barrel tornado F4
Re: General Snow / high country / cold weather pics
« Reply #2 on: 23 December 2008, 11:12:55 AM »
Some pictures from 28 December 2004 - while driving in the Vic High Country listening to the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne about 150km away.