Author Topic: Tornadoes Oklahoma getting hammered by historic ice storm!  (Read 2352 times)

australiasevereweather

Tornadoes Oklahoma getting hammered by historic ice storm!
« on: 31 January 2010, 06:00:16 AM »
Oklahoma getting hammered by historic ice storm!

Here in Norman, OK, we have been hammered by incredible freezing rain rates since this morning, which has since turned over to a mix of heavy freezing rain and sleet.  The trees are already coated with 1/8 to 1/4" of ice, as well as the powerlines, so I wouldn't be surprised if we lose power soon.  I wanted to get this blog update out as soon as possible, since we never know when our last transmission will be!  It is seriously turning into a disaster situation out there, but this recent increase in sleet may help things a little on the roads in terms of traction.  This system is INSANE!  Heavy freezing rain and snow to the north across the TX Panhandle into OK, and very intense severe thunderstorms rolling through the DFW Metroplex as I'm writing this update!  Check out our live streaming page throughout the event!  Click here for live video

http://www.TornadoVideos.net/component/content/article/1-latest-news/1143-oklahoma-getting-hammered-by-historic-ice-storm

« Last Edit: 01 February 2010, 03:59:38 AM by Jimmy Deguara »