Author Topic: Snow in Victoria 05/03/09  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Colin Maitland

• Barrel tornado F4
Snow in Victoria 05/03/09
« on: 06 March 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
I was driving home at herd the MMM news, they said that there was snow at Mt Hottham this morning. I just thought it amazing that Victoria went from severe heat and fires, severe weather and now, snow. I know it was by no means, classified as  heavy falls, it probably melted as it hit the ground, but it  just shows you how extreme Australia can be. I searched the net and found the following from WZ. regarding the snow. It stated.

Thursday Cloudy. Isolated showers, falling as snow or sleet on southern peaks this morning. Winds south to southwesterly averaging 30 to 40 km/h, reaching 45 km/h at times. Temperatures between 4 and 10 during the day.

In Brisbane we missed our storm, it split either side, The Gold Coast and  to the north, at Kingaroy had the rain. We seemed to have copped a bit of a dust storm. We have another warm day/week ahead of us with warm overnight Temperatures still.

Just reading another article saying that QLD can still expect more severe weather over the next two months, possibly including cyclones. We will see how it pans out. But it is an amazing country for extremes, and how quickly our weather in Australia, and the rest of the world for that matter can change