Author Topic: Welcome spring (2010)  (Read 5010 times)

Offline Antonio (stormboy)

• Stove pipe F3
Welcome spring (2010)
« on: 02 September 2010, 06:46:56 AM »
hello everybody i sure am happy to see spring again i think ive had enough of the cold temperatures overnight as well as cool days and a very wet winter it was. in the last week spring has sneaked in and now it is finally apparent its here to stay, with just 1 more cool change set to come through in the south later in the week temperatures look to finally start rising.

Today at 10:10am my station reached 26.2C it has now dropped back to 24.6C due to some wind in Bourke the temps are close to 28 and the rest of the week in the northern rivers looks mid twenties and a 15 degree low on Sunday night.

looks like Darwin is also saying hello to spring with thunderstorms forecast though the week http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nt/darwin-daly/Darwin i hope mike is ready for the rumblings up there.

currently in Ballina it is a lovely 24.2C with a N wind at 24.2km and it is lovely blue sky.

Antonio (looking forward to seeing what La Nina does this year for storms)

click below on banner to see my site click on 24 hour charts to see graphs of last 24 hors.

Offline Colin Maitland

• Barrel tornado F4
Re: Welcome spring (2010)
« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2010, 12:40:15 PM »

Sydney recorded its warmest start to spring in 140 years (1865)reaching a top of 25.9C today.

One report I read, suggested that due to La Nina, QLD is in for a very wet second half of spring. Due to the high moisture content, that will be prevalent, we could be in for a few good storms too.

Col

Offline Karina Roberts (slavegirl)

• Multi-vortex F1
« Reply #2 on: 02 September 2010, 05:31:59 PM »
It certainly felt like spring out here in Beaudesert today lovely warm day (after an overnight min of 8 it reached a nice 25. Tomorrow is set for 26 with warm temps forcast till mon next week. I am loving the crisp nights and lovely warm days of late, It will be very interesting to see if the forcast La-Nina eventuates (predicted for end of Oct) and what the storm season holds for SE-QLD this year. If anyone comes out my way for a chase or even a drive drop me a line and come and have a coffee and a chat :)

Karina
The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people don't care that your not tattooed. - Wildfire tattoos

• Stove pipe F3
« Reply #3 on: 02 September 2010, 05:40:51 PM »
well it looks like another good day ahead tomorrow with 26 forecast for Ballina 30! for Grafton and the weatherman on telly said a possibility of an isolated storm along the coast.

Antonio.

ps u might not believe it but ive never been on a chase yet so i hope this season i meet a local chaser for an exciting event in my life :)

• Stove pipe F3
« Reply #4 on: 03 September 2010, 09:29:23 AM »
well was and still is now a very warm day at one stage hot haha currently my station is at 30.0C and Ballina AP is on 28.8C it was only meant to be 26 but there you go it was much warmer. a few hours ago Evans head reached 31C and Grafton reached 31C lismore is around 28.4C now and it looks like the doonas are coming off the beads soon.

Antonio.
« Last Edit: 03 September 2010, 09:50:09 AM by Antonio (stormboy) »

Offline Karina Roberts (slavegirl)

• Multi-vortex F1
« Reply #5 on: 03 September 2010, 10:15:09 AM »
got to a nice 28 here today, still sitting at 27.1 as i type with humidity only 38%. this coming rain event should cool things down nicely :)
The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people don't care that your not tattooed. - Wildfire tattoos

• Stove pipe F3
« Reply #6 on: 04 September 2010, 03:13:33 PM »
today was not spring haha what happened it was 30 yesterday :)

today reached 23.1C but the southerly winds kept it there after that the chill really started to kick in

hope the next week proves its spring :)

Antonio.