Author Topic: Welcome messages and comments about the forum  (Read 44856 times)

milianfurtado

Welcome messages and comments about the forum
« on: 16 June 2007, 07:56:37 AM »
Hello everyone!
Just want to say hi to everyone! Have heard good things about this forum. I hope to learn a lot and hopefully help out too.
thanks to have here as a new member!

Offline Mike

• Australian Severe Weather Moderators
  • Wedge tornado F5
  • Dry season here...boring!
    • http://StormscapesDarwin.com
Re: Welcome messages and comments about the forum
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2007, 02:15:20 PM »
Welcome Milianfurtado.  Feel free to ask anything you like about the weather here and much more!  Have a look around the topics in different areas and get acquanted with the topics you like and where they are. There's a fantastic gallery of photos and storm reports which are full of information for you.  Feel free to post a subject and make comments and I'm sure you'll get some answers to your liking.  Have fun and look foward to reading your posts! :)

regards.
Mike
Darwin, Northern Territory.
StormscapesDarwin.com
Lightning Research 2010/14

AaronFarquhar

« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2008, 04:46:23 AM »
G'day everyone,
                        My names Aaron Farquhar, Im from Wollongong and its Bout time i started to persue storm chasing, I have had a passion for it for years but just never had the time nor money to chase storms, But im starting now, i know the basics about supercells and can from time to time read storms and predict what they will do but i want to know everything and i basically want to travel the world chasing storms and just seeing the beautiful yet deadly and destructive power that the worlds weather can create, This will be my passionate hobbie as i couldnt imagine doing it as a career (Meteorologists) Just that would take too long going to uni and stuff but really wanna learn everything there is and i wanna travel to Tornado alley one day and see the real stuff, I just find it fascinating that these storms are so beautiful and look so gentle but in the blink of an eye they can destroy everything, Its awesome, Anyways if anyone out there would like to help me learn about this stuff and just chat about it, That would be awesome, Hope to hear from you all soon, Aaron

Offline Mike

• Wedge tornado F5
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2008, 05:21:46 AM »
Welcome, Aaron to the forum.  I hope you enjoy the forum and there's plenty of info throughout the threads that will probably answer most of your questions.  Just take a little time to go through them and use the search box to locate specific words or terms that you may be looking for, no doubt there's been a discussion about it over the years!

Everyone on the forum is very helpful and once you post comments you'll find it easier in time picking up on jargon and if you don't understand anything simply ask, that's why we're here and if we don't know the answer someone will post a link for you to go to.

Look forward to your posts and any pics you may wish to add.
StormscapesDarwin.com

AaronFarquhar

« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2008, 08:37:54 AM »
G'day Mike,
                    Thanks Mate, Ill have a good and thorough look through the threads and read everything and wont be long before i get in the discussions with you guys, so im looking forward to it and looking forward to getting to know everyone and hear all your experiences, Aaron

Offline Brad Hannon

• Thunderbolt Tours Group
  • Stove pipe F3
  • Colorado Beast - 2nd June 2005
« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2008, 11:35:37 AM »
Welcome guys, this is a great forum so enjoy reading, posting and learning.

Aaron, I highly recommend you do visit tornado alley one day - its fantastic.  Just make sure you are ready and/or do it with other experienced chasers over there.  It can be very rewarding thats for sure.
hmmm June 2nd......

squid

« Reply #6 on: 28 October 2008, 02:50:04 AM »
hey everyone i joined this forum ages ago but lost the link now i have found it again lok forward to gettin gto know people on here and learning and even having a go a trying to forcast where storms may develop and what kind they are likely to be

Offline Steven

• Global Moderator
  • Stove pipe F3
« Reply #7 on: 10 November 2008, 06:57:26 PM »
Welcome Squid. :)

*waves*

Do I know you from anywhere in particular?

Alaric

« Reply #8 on: 18 November 2008, 04:27:35 PM »
Hey guys,

My name is Alaric and I'm from North Brisbane. It looks like its shaping up to be a good storm season here in Brisbane so I'm hoping to take some good pictures and get some good video this year. And its not much good without and audience so here I am.

Cheers

Offline Jimmy Deguara

• Australian and Tornado Alley storm chaser
  • Administrator
  • Wedge tornado F5
  • Storm Chaser since 1993, Tornado Alley 2001
    • Australia Severe Weather
« Reply #9 on: 18 November 2008, 04:36:04 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to what you have to offer in terms of stories, pictures and videos.

Regards,

Jimmy Deguara
-------------------------------------
Australian Severe Weather
www.australiasevereweather.com

Australian Thunderbolt Tours
www.thunderbolttours.com

Phone  0408 020468  (International :  61  2  408 020468)

Offline Steven

• Global Moderator
  • Stove pipe F3
« Reply #10 on: 19 November 2008, 01:53:49 PM »
Hi Alaric, did you by any chance get affected by the recent storms?

Brad Rowe

« Reply #11 on: 23 November 2008, 08:38:37 AM »
Hey all. I'm Brad from the only real side of Brisbane, The Southside of course. Just thought I would quickly introduce myself. I have been into severe weather ever since i was a tiny tot. I actually grew up with phobias of any kind of severe weather when i was a youngster and soon as i grew up i just found that i had a huge passion for any kind of severe weather. Funny kind of turn around i think really to have come from being so terribly phobic and freaked out by severe weather to wanting to chase it and find it anywhere at anytime. I think I've watched every single video and seen thousands upon thousands of tornadoes/hurricanes/severe weather on the web over the past 10 years or abouts!

I've always wanted to get more involved in storm spotting/chasing but have never had the money neither much time. Now that i am freed up slightly I really want to indulge this passion of mine. The recent events that have passed by this week starting last sunday have been a great start to the storm season for me! I have all the basics about severe weather down pat but now its time to advance a bit in the ranks. Ive already picked up a few books and reading material but of course learning on the job is always way more fun and works much better for me. It would be awesome to maybe meet up with a few fellow Brisbane storm chasers and learn from experience if anyone is willing to take an apprentice on :) I'm extremely keen to learn as much as I can over time.

Anyways I think that's a good enough intro for the moment. Look forward to what this years summer storm season has in store for us :)

Offline Mike

• Wedge tornado F5
« Reply #12 on: 24 November 2008, 03:32:06 PM »
Good on you Brad et al and posting a g'day.  Plenty of stuff happening around the country so look forward to any info, posts, photos you may like to share.  Enjoy and welcome.
StormscapesDarwin.com

Offline Darinka

• Rope Tornado F0
« Reply #13 on: 10 December 2008, 10:15:52 AM »
Hi Everyone

My name is Darinka, I'm from Penrose NSW (20K's Sth of Wollongong)  my interests have generally been Lightning Photography, to which then my interests in the last few years have turned to Weather and Storms, hench Stormchasing.  These storm structures are an awesome sight to see, observe and photograph...the shear power and destruction and the output of lightning that these storms can produce can be devasting but at the same time be beautiful (not to mention the adrenalin rush).

My travels have taken me far south to Cabramurra and far north to the top end Darwin, great structures although no storms at the time, which only seemed to happen either side of my time there..."Don't you just hate that!!" as well as the Illawarra.  My Goal for 2010 is heading to Tornado Alley (with professional chasers of course).

Only know the basics, still a whole lot to learn, although i'm sure i will learn a lot more through observations and everyones experience and knowledge here on the forum, which by the way is a great website.  Looking forward to talking to everyone.    Darinka

Offline Mike

• Wedge tornado F5
« Reply #14 on: 10 December 2008, 05:32:18 PM »
Welcome Darinka!

You've taken the first step which is always the hardest so congrats to you.  I know you've browsed the forum already and you'll find there is without doubt the best weather information/explanations/conversations in this country right here.  We look forward to your posts and photos and any reports you may have re storm events/chases. :)
StormscapesDarwin.com