Author Topic: Roger Nurse - AMOS Member has passed away 17th November 2006  (Read 3400 times)

Offline Jimmy Deguara

• Australian and Tornado Alley storm chaser
  • Administrator
  • Wedge tornado F5
  • Storm Chaser since 1993, Tornado Alley 2001
    • Australia Severe Weather
Roger Nurse - AMOS Member has passed away 17th November 2006
« on: 19 November 2006, 04:23:25 AM »
Dear members,

The passing away of Roger Nurse yesterday 17th November 2006 came as a shock to me and others who knew him. Roger was a long time and influential member of the Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (AMOS). He was an inspiration in encouraging my weather interest in that he introduced me to AMOS and my first weather AMOS meeting in 1989. Roger was a great leader, a great organiser and very passionate about all aspects of weather. He will be solely missed.

I will be attending the 2:30pm service - details listed below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday November 18, 2006, The Sydney Morning Herald

NURSE, Roger Thomas.
Late of Pymble

Aged 68 years
Passed away November 17, 2006. Loving son of Edgar and Winifred (UK) (both deceased), brother of Douglas and Angela (UK).

Loved husband of Sue. Loving father and father in law of Gordon and Karen, Lesley and Ivan. Beloved Grandpa of Ben, Stuart, Cameron, James, Declan, Christopher and Liam.

Family and friends are warmly invited to attend the funeral service for ROGER to be held on Wednesday, November 22, 2006, at Northern Suburbs Crematorium, South Chapel commencing at 1 p.m.

Following, there will be a Service of Thanksgiving for Roger's life to be held at Roseville Uniting Church, 7 Lord Street, Roseville, commencing at 2.30 p.m.

In lieu of flowers donations to the Australian Cancer Research Foundation would be appreciated.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to copy and paste the information in between the dashed lines to inform others and other weather lists.

Regards,

Jimmy Deguara
« Last Edit: 19 November 2006, 04:28:42 AM by Jimmy Deguara »
-------------------------------------
Australian Severe Weather
www.australiasevereweather.com

Australian Thunderbolt Tours
www.thunderbolttours.com

Phone  0408 020468  (International :  61  2  408 020468)