Author Topic: Tornadovideos.net - your favorite?  (Read 3312 times)

Offline Mike

• Australian Severe Weather Moderators
  • Wedge tornado F5
  • Dry season here...boring!
    • http://StormscapesDarwin.com
Tornadovideos.net - your favorite?
« on: 22 July 2007, 11:41:38 AM »
Reed Timmer has taken some outstanding footage of tornadoes up close, everything from F0 to F5.  I don't think I've seen footage of any tornado as close as he gets and there's certainly some good footage around. 

If anyone has not seen the footage of any of his chases you can visit at www.tornadovideos.net and check them all out.  For those that have seen them what's your favorite? 

I've a couple of favorites from his videos.  One would have to be when Reed and fellow chasers were bearing down on this monster F4 across the green grassed plains.  The funnel was massive and Reed stopped the car to shoot but then realised the tornado was changing direction slightly, they were no less than 200 metres from this thing   The tornado just has such beautiful structure and colour from the red dirt it was awesome to see it rotating so fast and carving up the landscape it seemed.  At one point in the video it seemed like the chasee was chasing the chaser!  Sadly several homes got destroyed by the tornado which was shown on the footage.  My second would be the video footage of the three suction vortices from recent Canadian tornadoes.  Just great stuff for learning - you can read about it all you want but seeing images like gives insight to everything.

Mike
« Last Edit: 23 July 2007, 04:24:01 PM by Jimmy Deguara »
Darwin, Northern Territory.
StormscapesDarwin.com
Lightning Research 2010/14

Offline Jimmy Deguara

• Australian and Tornado Alley storm chaser
  • Administrator
  • Wedge tornado F5
  • Storm Chaser since 1993, Tornado Alley 2001
    • Australia Severe Weather
Re: Tornadovideos.net - your favorite?
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2007, 04:26:33 PM »
Although not a video nor favourite, an interesting one that I have just come across and I recall David Croan refer to is the following White Deer tornado May 29 2001:

http://tornadovideos.decadehost.com/index.cfm/do/gallery.home/page/3

I would recommend going through the slide show and it gives some impression of the shear size of this tornado!

Regards,

Jimmy Deguara
-------------------------------------
Australian Severe Weather
www.australiasevereweather.com

Australian Thunderbolt Tours
www.thunderbolttours.com

Phone  0408 020468  (International :  61  2  408 020468)