Author Topic: Welcome messages and comments about the forum  (Read 44861 times)

Offline Harley Pearman

• Barrel tornado F4
Re: Welcome messages and comments about the forum
« Reply #30 on: 10 August 2009, 11:50:48 AM »
Erik - Welcome. I note that you are studying Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning at the University of New England and living in Armidale. This is the same course that I did back in 1990-1993. It is an excellent course.

Another positive is your location. Spring and summer in and around the New England region does produce some wonderful thunderstorms and cloud formations as I found out when I was here. I became interested in weather and severe weather events while living here and studying this course.

With elevation and less forests and if you have your own transport, you should be able to take advantage of your location during particular weather events. It would be great to see what happens on the Northern Tablelands during spring and summer and I am always interested in the thunderstorms activity that goes on up here. I look forward to reading about the thunderstorms that may occur in this region.

Harley Pearman

Offline DanTheMan

• Rope Tornado F0
« Reply #31 on: 09 September 2009, 01:48:10 PM »
I've been reading up on this forum for a while trying to learn a bit about storm forecasting so I can do some chasing this season! So thought I might finally introduce myself.

I live on the Sunshine Coast, keen to meet some other weather freaks in my area, so if anyone wants a ride to do some chasing this season send me a message! Always good to have some company.
Cheers, Dan.

Offline Steven

• Global Moderator
  • Stove pipe F3
« Reply #32 on: 10 September 2009, 10:51:46 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum, DanTheMan! Glad you decided to join.

Steve

Offline Pete

• Rope Tornado F0
« Reply #33 on: 10 August 2011, 04:14:36 PM »
Hi guys! Thanks to mods for signing me up, I have been a lurker on here for a while. Here is some info about myself.

I live in Albany, Western Australia. I've been a weather nut from age 8 or 9. I am a member of various other Australian forums (WAweathergroup, Australian Weather Forum, Weatherzone.) I have learned a heap from reading this forums, including how to read soundings, thanks to those people who posted info. I'm nearly out of high school and plan to study a Bsc majoring in physics or something like that with aim of becoming a severe weather forecaster. I have recently started photographing storms, but with a cheap camera. I would eventually like to get a Canon EOS 550D, as its great for low light photography and HD recording.
I have been keeping personal observations of the weather in my suburb for just over a year now. My favourite weather is slow moving thunderstorms in high CAPE environment as they tend to be particularly lightning active.

Offline Jimmy Deguara

• Australian and Tornado Alley storm chaser
  • Administrator
  • Wedge tornado F5
  • Storm Chaser since 1993, Tornado Alley 2001
    • Australia Severe Weather
« Reply #34 on: 12 August 2011, 05:51:32 AM »
Hi Pete,

Welcome to the forum and I am glad you are venturing into this fascinating field! I hope your photography works out well and I guess being a little biased, I think Canon is a good brand.

Regards,

Jimmy Deguara
-------------------------------------
Australian Severe Weather
www.australiasevereweather.com

Australian Thunderbolt Tours
www.thunderbolttours.com

Phone  0408 020468  (International :  61  2  408 020468)