Author Topic: Tropical Low NT: from 29 Mar 2009  (Read 4904 times)

Offline Peter J

• Stove pipe F3
  • Lets go get em boys!
Tropical Low NT: from 29 Mar 2009
« on: 29 March 2009, 08:06:32 AM »
It might be a little bit further away from Darwin, but nevertheless it might be impactful soon. Noticed on the BoM forecast sight that a tropical low may be forming in the Timor Sea. It is expected to be of a moderate chance of forming into a tropical cyclone. It seems as if the tropical cyclones this year have been late-seasonals. Is this normal for a La-Nina system?

Big Pete

« Last Edit: 29 March 2009, 09:23:43 AM by Jimmy Deguara »
PJJ

Offline Colin Maitland

• Barrel tornado F4
Re: Tropical Low NT: from 29 Mar 2009
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2009, 09:49:38 AM »
This one really belongs to Big Pete, yesterday he observed the possibilty of a Tropical Low of Darwin. In the Darwin storm season thread I quote Big Pete where he said

It might be a little bit further away from Darwin, but nevertheless it might be impactful soon. Noticed on the BoM forecast sight that a tropical low may be forming in the Timor Sea. It is expected to be of a moderate chance of forming into a tropical cyclone

You are right Big Pete, he did form and this one rightly belongs to you, so you can change the author name to yourself if you want or Jimmy and Michael can. Good call.

Offline Peter J

• Stove pipe F3
  • Lets go get em boys!
Re: Tropical Low NT: from 29 Mar 2009
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2009, 10:57:04 AM »
Thanks Coltan.

I'll leave that to the moderators, but I am pleased that the observations have been worth it.
Maybe Mike from Darwin, or Cloud Fairy might be better atuned to this storm, as they are much closer to it than me (I'm in Melb.) However it is worth checking the charts every so often, and keeping up with various weather groups.

Big Pete
PS - also noted the BoM is forecasting a possible TC development off the NQld coast sometime in the next week.
PJJ